Los Angeles Office: 800-217-0042
8335 Sunset Blvd, Suite 201 West Hollywood, California 90069
Century City Office: 310-922-9728
1875 Century Park East,Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90067

How Can I Become A Permanent Resident Of The US?

In order to become a permanent resident of the US, you must apply through the UCSIS, which includes the following:
(1) File Form 1485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status;
(2) Pay applicable fees set forth in Supplement A of Form 1485;
(3) File Form G?325A Biographic Data Sheet (between the ages 14 and 79);
(4) File Form I?693 Medical Examination Sheet (not required if applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical exam based on a fiance visa;
(5) Provide two color photos taken within 30 days (Form I?485 has instructions);
(6) File Form I?864 Affidavit of Support (completed by sponsor);
(7) File Form I?765 Authorization for Employment (if seeking employment while the case is processed); and
(8) Provide evidence of inspection, admission or parole into the US (Form I?94, Arrival Departure Record).
There may be additional forms and other materials to submit if you were initially admitted as the fiance of a US citizen, if you are a Cuban citizen, if you have been a continuous resident of the US for a certain number of years, or other special circumstances.

Translate »